Welcome to the AGOA Country Response Office – Your Gateway to Trade Excellence. We are delighted to present the dynamic force behind our endeavors, Mrs. Susan K. Muhwezi, Senior Presidential Advisor on AGOA and Trade, whose dedicated leadership guides our vision and efforts. Our Mission At AGOA Country Response Office, our mission is to facilitate and enhance Uganda’s trade and economic development under the Africa Growth Opportunity Act (AGOA). AGOA, a U.S. law, aims to boost trade and investment, ultimately fostering economic growth in Africa. Established in 2000, AGOA granted Sub-Saharan African countries the privilege to export to the U.S. duty-free and quota-free. Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Monitoring AGOA and Trade Projects: Our unit, set up in 2002 under the directive of H.E The President of Uganda, monitors AGOA and trade-related projects.
- Administrative Oversight: We operate under State House, and our operational funds are managed by the Ministry of Trade, Industry, and Cooperatives (MTIC).
- Develop the AGOA National Strategy in collaboration with MTIC, the private sector, and monitor its implementation.
- Create awareness and sensitize the public and private sector about the AGOA initiative.
- Promote Uganda-branded, value-added exports in the U.S market.
- Collaborate with the government and relevant agencies to improve product quality, standards, and branding for export.
- Monitor and report on the success and challenges of AGOA.
- 2015 – 2016: UGX 91,744,956,662
- 2016 – 2017: UGX 94,289,323,772
- 2017 – 2018: UGX 112,148,758,205
- 2018 – 2019: UGX 56,670,672,031
- 2019 – 2020: UGX 46,145,193,396
- 2020 – 2021: UGX 40,489,473,560